1. Check your child's temperature.
2. Keep your child at home if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Cough or congestion that causes shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New onset or worsening congestion or runny nose (not associated with allergies)
- New onset or unexplained severe headache
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue, muscle or body aches, or chills
3. Also, keep your child at home if they have:
- Traveled to an area with a current COVID-19 outbreak in the past 14 days
- Been in contact with COVID-19 suspected or diagnosed individuals in the past 14 days
4. Wash your child's mask every night and provide extras for the school day (if possible).
5. Encourage frequent hand washing. (Wash for 20 seconds using both soap and water.)
6. Clean high-contact surfaces regularly.
7. Wash clothes regularly.
8. Encourage daily showers.
9. Maintain healthy habits.