Eligible students in the 6th grade at Mapleton Middle School will attend Outdoor Education held at Camp Nuhop in Perrysville. Students who attend Outdoor Education engage in activities designed to build social skills, environmental awareness, and challenge courses. This is an overnight trip and will be held from April 19, 2023 to April 21, 2023.
The cost of this year’s trip is $195. This covers the cost of transportation to and from Camp Nuhop, lodging, meals, and any costs associated with the activities during the camp.
- Please contact the front office to inquire about remaining balance if you are not sure of the balance.
- We will need to have at least half of the payment ($100) to the middle school office by February 16th, 2023
- Payment must be paid in full ($195) to the middle school office by March 21, 2023
We will have a parent meeting on Tuesday, January 17th at 5:30pm in the Makerspace to discuss details and answer questions.
Also, we do have a couple of spaces still open for volunteers as chaperones for overnight duty in the cabins. If you are interested, please let Mr. Erwin know.
Reminder that here is a list of criteria that each student must meet to attend Outdoor Education. Students must meet ALL criteria to be eligible to attend Outdoor Education at Camp Nuhop:
- No more than (1) day of out-of-school suspensions.
- No more than (3) total days of in-school detention.
- No more than (2) After/Before School detentions.
- Pass three (3) of four (4) core classes during each of the first three (3) nine weeks.
- Passing 6 of 7 classes for each of the first 3 grading periods of the 6th grade year.
- All school fees paid in full.
- Approval of the 6th grade team (teachers and principal).
Please contact me by phone or email if you should have any questions.
Mapleton Middle School Principal
419-945-2188 ext. 8190